Auditions August 21-22 in our new location
Ohlook's three Masterclasses (Jr., Sr., OCO) are the "cream of the crop" of Ohlook and the DFW area in terms of both talent and character. Besides the high-quality training, these students receive special performance opportunities and perks throughout the year. As leaders of Ohlook, Masterclass students are called upon to help out with Ohlook Productions, both as performers and behind the scenes. The Ohlook Masterclasses have received numerous State and National Awards and invitations, many of which have been displayed in the Ohlook lobby (and will be again once we have a lobby).
In the fall, all groups focus on skills and repertoire development, plus Jr., Sr., and OCO prepare for the MTI Junior Theater Festival in Atlanta, GA. In the spring, each Masterclass prepares a minimum of one production for the community. The costs for these productions are included in the Masterclass tuition. Due to the pandemic, this might be altered. We will update this information as soon as we hear about plans from the Junior Theater Festival.
Jr., Sr., and OCO Masterclasses will be traveling to Atlanta over Martin Luther King weekend, to attend the iTheatrics Junior Theater Festival. Due to the pandemic, this might be altered. We will update this information as soon as we hear about plans from the Junior Theater Festival.
GUIDELINES TO BE CONSIDERED FOR MASTERCLASS
To be considered for Masterclass you must audition through our Fall audition process.
Auditions August 21 & 22 Click here to schedule your audition.
What to prepare for your audition is listed when you select an audition time.
Rehearsals for each Masterclass are based on the participants schedules. Base class meets once a week and students are also required to attend a music theory class once a week. JTF rehearsals and show rehearsals are in addition to these classes.
Email Jill Lord if you have questions
1. Masterclass is a full class year (Sept-May) financial commitment. ($165 per month)
2. Masterclass students must be enrolled in 2 dance classes for at least 2 hours a week at Ohlook. (Other studios accepted only if Ohlook does not offer a comparable class.)
3. Masterclass class time will include rehearsals, training and music theory.
4. Only 2 absences allowed during each semester (this does not include outside JTF rehearsals). Students who have more than 2 unexcused absences will be released from Masterclass.
5. Each student is expected to accomplish volunteer hours for the theater per semester. This could be passing out programs at a production, helping with a production, cleaning up, taking out the trash, organizing, helping us move into our new space, etc… (there will be a sign up sheet online for you to log your hours)
6. Any outside training or auditions must be cleared by the masterclass director.
7. Expected to attend any and all extra workshops specifically scheduled for masterclass students.
8. Students ages 12 and older need to be enrolled in private voice lessons.
9. Students are required to continue their training through the entire year, including throughout the summer.
10. Masterclass families are expected to promote, advocate, and support Ohlook through social media, attending performances, word of mouth, etc…